Workers Compensation Attorney Altadena
Located 14 miles from the heart of downtown Los Angeles, Altadena is an unincorporated and census designated place in Los Angeles County, California. Altadena was named as such by Byron O. Clark who established a nursery in the surrounding foothills which was named the “Altadena Nursery”.
It was not until the 1860s when Benjamin Eaton developed water sources to support his vineyard located near the edge of Eaton Canyon when the the areas which would become known as Altadena, Pasadena and South Pasadena began to develop. Millionaires from the east learned about this building opportunity and many built mansions along Mariposa Street, a road which would eventually become known as Millionaire’s Row.
As of the 2010 census the population of Altadena has continued to hover around nearly 43,000 residents with 42,777 inhabitants claiming this area as home. The economy was originally driven by agriculture, but today the majority of residents work in managerial and professional-related occupations, service occupations, and in other office occupations.
Top Five Safety Hazards in the Office
An office may seem like a risk-free environment, but the truth is that any workplace comes with its own set of health risks and safety hazards.
Some of the most common risks in the workplace include:
- Falls (due to tripping or slipping)
- Straining and overexertion (due to lifting and carrying heavy or awkward objects)
- Being struck by objects (often due to doors being opened or closed too carelessly)
- Being trapped and pinched (often due to closing doors and drawers)
- Ergonomic-related injuries (such as musculoskeletal issues and RSI)
Are You Eligible to File for Workers’ Compensation?
Should you become injured or ill on the job, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. There are 3 basic requirements which must be met in order to be eligible:
- The company or the person you are working for must carry workers’ compensation (or they are found to be legally required to carry it)
- You must be an employee of that company or that person
- The injury or illness you have sustained must be related to your work
Schedule a No-Obligation Consultation with Turchin
If you are tired of allowing the insurance company to determine what is best for you it is time to call Turchin. Our workers’ compensation attorneys will take control of your case and will fight aggressively on your behalf to ensure that you are compensated for your injuries.
To arrange for a free no-obligation consultation with one of our expert workers compensation attorneys, we welcome you to call (818) 266-5601.
DIRECTIONS TO TURCHIN LAW 6320 VAN NUYS BLVD #405 VAN NUYS, CA 91401
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 30 min
Total Est. Distance: 23.4 mi
- Head south on Lake Ave toward Fontanet Way
- Turn right onto E Maple St
- Use the left 2 lanes to merge onto I-210 W via the ramp to San Fernando
- Merge onto I-210 W
- Continue onto CA-134 W
- Merge onto US-101 N
- Use the right lane to take exit 17 for Van Nuys Blvd
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Van Nuys Blvd
- Destination will be on the right
Call us today (818) 266-5601
We are located at:
6320 Van Nuys Blvd #405
Van Nuys, CA 91401