Workers Compensation Attorney Glendale
The city of Glendale in Los Angeles County is home to well over 200,000 residents and is the third largest city in the county. Glendale is proud to have been named the city’s neighborhood of the year by both the editors and readers of Curbed.com in 2013. The area boasts close to 50 public parks and with its Mediterranean climate, the temperature is always balmy and warm.
A Community of Hard Working Employees
Apart from Nestle and Dreamworks Animation, a number of employees work to directly serve the local economy including:
- The City of Glendale (over 2000 employees)
- The Glendale Unified School District (close to 2000 employees)
- Glendale Community College (close to 1500 employees)
- Glenair Inc (over 1000 employees)
The Glendale Adventist Medical Center and Glendale Memorial Medical Center are also leading employers, supplying close to 4000 jobs to the people of Glendale and from other nearby communities.
Hospitals Are a Hazardous Place to Work
Hospitals may be a safe haven where people go for health services, but for those working in them, they can be hazardous. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, American hospitals recorded 6.8 work-related illnesses and injuries for every 100 full-time employees in 2011.
Shockingly hospitals had even more workplace injuries than the construction industry and significantly more than the manufacturing industry. There were over 250,000 injuries and illnesses in hospitals in 2011 and nearly 59,000 which forced hospital employees to miss time from work.
I Was Injured at Work: What Are My Rights?
If you were injured on the job, you have several rights here in the state of California:
- You have the right to file a workers compensation claim for your workplace injury and/or illness
- You have the right to pursue medical treatment for your illness or injury
- You have the right to disagree and appeal any decision made by your employer, their insurance company or workers compensation court
- You have the right to be represented by an attorney
What to Expect from the Turchin Law Firm
The Turchin Law Firm makes an effort to build strong relationships with every hard working individual we represent. We are dedicated to serving the people of Glendale and protecting their health and safety while on the job.
If you have been injured or become ill while on the job, we invite you to contact us today for a free consultation at (818) 266-5601.
DIRECTIONS TO TURCHIN LAW 6320 VAN NUYS BLVD #405 VAN NUYS, CA 91401
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 21 min
Total Est. Distance: 14.0 mi
- Get on I-5 N in Los Angeles from W Elk Ave, Colorado Blvd and Colorado St Fwy Ext
- Head south on S Brand Blvd toward W Elk Ave
- Turn right onto W Elk Ave
- Turn right onto S Columbus Ave
- Turn left onto Colorado Blvd
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Colorado St Fwy Ext (signs for Interstate 5/Golden State Freeway)
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-5/Sacramento and merge onto I-5 N
- Take CA-134 W/Ventura Fwy and US-101 N to Van Nuys Blvd. Take exit 17 from US-101 N
- Merge onto I-5 N
- Take exit 144B to merge onto CA-134 W/Ventura Fwy toward Ventura
- Merge onto US-101 N/Ventura Fwy
- Use the right lane to take exit 17 for Van Nuys Blvd
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Van Nuys Blvd
- Destination will be on the right
Call us today (818) 266-5601
We are located at:
6320 Van Nuys Blvd #405
Van Nuys, CA 91401