Workers Compensation Attorney Mission Hill
The urban residential community of Mission Hills in the City of Los Angeles, California sits near the northern junction of the San Diego Freeway and the Golden State Freeway. The community was named after the Spanish Mission San Fernando Rey de Espana located nearby in 1784.
As of 2010 just under 18,500 people called Mission Hill home. Many of these individuals make the commute to Los Angeles and other nearby areas to work in the many industries in the area including international trade, aerospace, entertainment and manufacturing.
A Significant Player in Manufacturing
Los Angeles is currently the largest manufacturing center in the western United States. The Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are the fifth busiest port in the world and they are vital for the Western Hemisphere to conduct trade within the Pacific Rim.
Leading Injury Types Manufacturing Workers
The assembly line can be a dangerous place for workers. The Bureau of Labor Statistics has created a list of the leading injury types which affect workers who work in manufacturing, including:
- Overexertion. This type of injury is common in the manufacturing industry because the very nature of the work requires employees to have extensive stamina and to complete numerous physical tasks throughout the day
- Repetitive Motion Injuries. Doing the same thing over and over can cause your soft tissues to wear down. When these tissues become damaged, you may experience pain as well as a number of other health problems
- Body Movement Injuries. These include injuries which are the result of bending, twisting, reaching and crawling
- Exposure to Harmful Substances. Coming in contact with or inhaling chemicals can cause immediate illness or injury, and it can result in long-term health consequences
- Contact with Objects and Equipment. You may become severely injured because of a crushing injury, entrapment, or a pinching injury
- Transportation Incidents. These types of incidents often involve forklifts but they may include other types of vehicles as well
- Fires and Explosions. Fires pose a significant threat in manufacturing plants as there are often flammable and highly combustible materials nearby
What to Expect from a Worker’s Compensation Attorney
If you have been significantly injured on the job or are having problems with your employer or workers compensation, it is time to speak with an attorney. The Turchin Law Firm will examine your case and will assist in filing, communicating and negotiating your settlement.
To arrange for a free consultation with the Turchin Law Firm, we invite you to call (818) 266-5601.
DIRECTIONS TO TURCHIN LAW 6320 VAN NUYS BLVD #405 VAN NUYS, CA 91401
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Mission Hill, CA
Total Est. Time: 11 min
Total Est. Distance: 7.9 mi
- Head west on San Fernando Mission Blvd towards Langdon Ave
- Turn right onto the I-405 S/San Diego Fwy S slip road
- Merge onto I-405 S/San Diego Fwy
- Take exit 65 towards Victory Blvd/Van Nuys
- Use any lane to turn left onto Haskell Ave
- Turn left onto Victory Blvd
- Turn right onto Van Nuys Blvd
- Destination will be on the left
Call us today (818) 266-5601
We are located at:
6320 Van Nuys Blvd #405
Van Nuys, CA 91401