Workers Compensation Attorney Sylmar
The neighborhood of Sylmar in the San Fernando Valley region was originally known for its enviable climate and its olive orchards. Since olive production shifted into high gear in the 1890s, the population of the area has grown to be approximately 70,000 residents as of the early 21st century.
The area is traditionally agricultural, though the majority of occupations available in the immediate area are those in the hospitality industry. Hardworking individuals working in occupations such as retail and the food industry are injured every day, and unfortunately many face difficulties when they file a workers compensation claim.
Top Three Problems Workers Face During a Workers Compensation Case
There are many reasons why an employer and/or an insurance company may deny an injured workers’ claim. Below are some of the leading reasons, with the first being:
1. Discrepancies in Reporting
Your claim may be denied by an insurance company if the accident report does not match the findings in your initial medical report. An insurance company may also deny an accident report if there are no witnesses present (even if it is clear that your injury is workplace related).
2. Delays in Reporting
Injured workers in California have 30 days to submit what is known as a DWC-1 form and submit it to their employer. This form advises your employer that they have suffered a workplace-related injury or illness.
If you do not meet that 30 day time limit for filing, you may have your claim denied and you will be stuck paying for any workplace-related medical expenses.
3. Not Seeking Medical Care Immediately
Medical evidence is required to prove that you have a valid workers compensation claim. By seeing medical care immediately, you prove that:
- The injury happened close to or at the time you said it did
- The injured worker receives the medical care he or she needs
- A third party (physician) verifies that you are injured
When Not Talking to an Attorney Becomes a Problem
A lot of workers compensation cases can be handled and settled by a worker, his or her employer, and the insurance company. But if at any point there is a discrepancy, a denial, or a disagreement, then a workers compensation attorney should be consulted.
The lawyers at the Turchin Workers Compensation law firm in Los Angeles have helped clients in a variety of industries secure the compensation they deserve to ensure that they have a bright and healthy future after a workplace injury.
To discuss your case with an accomplished Los Angeles workers compensation attorney today, we invite you to call (818) 266-5601.
DIRECTIONS TO TURCHIN LAW 6320 VAN NUYS BLVD #405 VAN NUYS, CA 91401
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 24 min
Total Est. Distance: 18.0 mi
- Get on I-5 S from Polk St and Laurel Canyon Blvd
- Head southeast on Norris Ave toward Ryan St
- Turn right to stay on Norris Ave
- Turn right onto Polk St
- Turn left onto Laurel Canyon Blvd
- Turn right onto San Fernando Mission Blvd
- Use the right lane to take the ramp onto I-5 S
- Follow I-5 S to N Pacific Ave in Glendale. Take exit 7A from CA-134 E
- Merge onto I-5 S
- Take exit 144 to merge onto CA-134 E toward Glendale/Pasadena
- Take exit 7A for Pacific Ave
- Continue on N Pacific Ave. Drive to Arden Ave
- Turn left onto N Pacific Ave
- Turn right onto Arden Ave
- Destination will be on the left
Call us today (818) 266-5601
We are located at:
6320 Van Nuys Blvd #405
Van Nuys, CA 91401