Workers Compensation Attorney San Fernando
The city of San Fernando in Los Angeles County is completely surrounded by the City of Los Angeles and is one of the few towns which retained its independence from the city. As of the 2010 US Census there were nearly 24,000 individuals living in the area with the median household income being $55,192.
Originally the San Fernando was dominated by middle-class Caucasians. But as the area continues to transform it is becoming increasingly ethnically and economically diverse.
The Most Common Workplace Injuries in California
In San Fernando, the leading employers according to the city’s 2009 annual financial report were:
- The Los Angeles Unified School District
- JT Contractors
- Pepsi Bottling Company
- Samco Scientific
Though the types of jobs are widespread, the majority of Californian workers filed workers’ compensation claims for injuries due to:
- Slipping and falling (41%)
- Other reasons (21%)
- Car or machinery accident (16%)
- Being struck by an object (15%)
- Lifting (7%)
The majority of workplace injuries are one-time accidents (66%). But over one-quarter (28%) of these injuries were due to repetitive stress, and 6% of claims filed were due to workplace stress.
What to Do If There Is a Delay in Your Case
One of the most common complaints of an injured worker is that workers’ compensation process is taking too long. This may be due to a number of reasons, including:
- Ongoing medical treatment
- An employer or insurance company delay
- Difficulty finding the right workers’ compensation lawyer
Hiring a Lawyer for a Delayed Case
If you feel that your benefits are taking too long to obtain, if you feel like you are getting the “run around”, or if you have been waiting an inordinate amount of time for a settlement, is is best to see a professional workers’ compensation attorney for further help.
The Turchin Workers’ Compensation law firm has devoted itself to helping injured workers receive the settlements they need to enjoy as full and as healthy of a life as possible after a workplace injury. We make sure that our workload is never to heavy to mishandle a case and we take care to regularly update our clients on the status of their case.
Our law firm offers free consultations to anyone who has been injured while at work. To schedule your consultation, please contact us online or call (818) 266-5601 today.
DIRECTIONS TO TURCHIN LAW 6320 VAN NUYS BLVD #405 VAN NUYS, CA 91401
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
San Fernando, CA
Total Est. Time: 18 min
Total Est. Distance: 15.8 mi
- Get on CA-118 W in Los Angeles from Truman St and San Fernando Rd
- Head southeast on Truman St toward Kittridge St
- Continue onto Tiffany Ave
- Turn left onto San Fernando Rd
- Turn right to merge onto CA-118 W
- Take I-5 S to N Pacific Ave in Glendale. Take exit 7A from CA-134 E
- Merge onto CA-118 W
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 44A to merge onto I-5 S toward Los Angeles
- Take exit 144 to merge onto CA-134 E toward Glendale/Pasadena
- Take exit 7A for Pacific Ave
- Continue on N Pacific Ave. Drive to Arden Ave
- Turn left onto N Pacific Ave
- Turn right onto Arden Ave
- Destination will be on the left
Call us today (818) 266-5601
We are located at:
6320 Van Nuys Blvd #405
Van Nuys, CA 91401