Workers Compensation Attorney West Hills
West Hills is an affluent neighborhood in Los Angeles, California. Prior to the Spanish discovering the area, both Tongva-Fernandeno and Chumash-Venturano tribes resided in the area.
Today nearly 40,000 people live in West Hills with the percentage of residents aged 35 and older being among the highest in the county. The percentage of households that earn $125,000 or more is also high in comparison to other cities and communities in the area.
The people who live in West Hills are engaged in a wide variety of occupations, all of which can carry an element of injury risk.
Everyone Is at Risk of a Workplace Injury
A common misconception is that those who work in a office setting are not at risk of injury in the workplace. While “blue-collar” workers are at a higher risk of being hurt while at work, those who work in an office are susceptible to many injuries including:
- Trips, slips and falls
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Eye strain
Middle-Aged Workers More Likely to Experience Time Loss
A study from 2003 found that middle-aged workers were more likely to experience time loss after being injured in the workplace:
- Those aged 25 to 35: 24.2% of workplace cases involved days away from work
- Those aged 35 to 44: 27.5% of workplace cases involved days away from work
- Those aged 45-54: 21.9% of workplace cases involved days away from work
The data also showed that while less than 10% of fatalities that year involved older workers (those aged 65 or older), older workers were 3 times more likely to die in the workplace than a younger worker.
File Your Worker’s Compensation Claim as Soon as Possible
If you believe that you have been injured while at work, it is important that you file a claim as soon as possible for the following reasons:
- You may run out of time. In the state of California, workers generally have one year from the date of his or her injury or illness to file a claim
- The sooner you file a claim, the sooner the claim will be settled. The insurance company will be able to gather early evidence and start making payments to you more quickly than if you are to wait to file a claim
- You can receive helpful legal guidance ASAP. If you have questions about your claim or if your claim has been denied, a worker’s compensation lawyer at Turchin Law can help
Let Turchin Law Represent You
Our worker’s compensation lawyers at Turchin Law will work tirelessly to ensure that your workplace rights are upheld and that you are compensated for your pain and suffering.
Schedule your free consultation today and call (818) 266-5601.
DIRECTIONS TO TURCHIN LAW 6320 VAN NUYS BLVD #405 VAN NUYS, CA 91401
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
West Hills, CA
Total Est. Time: 24 min
Total Est. Distance: 16.5 mi
- Get on US-101 S from Platt Ave and Valley Cir Blvd
- Head south on Darnoch Way towards Helmsdale Rd
- Turn left onto Highlander Rd
- Turn right onto Platt Ave
- Continue onto Burbank Blvd
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Valley Cir Blvd
- Use the right lane to turn right towards US-101 S (signs for US-101 S/Los Angeles)
- Turn right onto the slip road to Los Angeles
- Follow US-101 S to Van Nuys Blvd. Take exit 17 from US-101 S
- Merge onto US-101 S
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 17 for Van Nuys Blvd
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Van Nuys Blvd (signs for Auto Row)
- Destination will be on the right
Call us today (818) 266-5601
We are located at:
6320 Van Nuys Blvd #405
Van Nuys, CA 91401